January 02, 2013

A New Year of Old Resolutions

Happy New Year!  
I really can't believe that's it's a new year.  I honestly feel like we just did this whole December holiday-thing last month.  Oh.my.word does it go fast. 

I must say, 2012 was a wonderful year.  I started my 3rd year teaching and can truly say that it's getting a little  bit easier (which gives me hope for the coming years, haha).  My beautiful sister recently got engaged to her prince charming and we can't wait for the wedding this coming November.  Rob & I are doing wonderful and couldn't be happier with our 3 little love-bugs (Clockwise) Wrigley, Luca & our newest addition to the family, Bruno.  
And most importantly, my amazing family is healthy and happy!  

Needless to say, I'm really looking forward to 2013.   


And here I am again, making another resolution to keep up with my blog.  I guess last years whole "making more time for myself" thing wasn't as successful as I'd hoped.  I found myself spending a huge chunk of my time at school and when not, doing school at home.  Like I said, it has gotten a little  bit easier this year but boy is it still busy.  I don't know how you all do it with kiddos of your own.  I'd probably go cray-cray!

So let's get the year started off right... I'm linking up with Farley over at Oh' Boy 4th Grade for her January currently.  


I hope you all had a wonderful holiday break and for those of you who have already gone back (bless your hearts)  I hope it was a smooth transition!  Guess I'd better get back to prepping myself for next Monday ;)


What are your New Year Resolutions?? 


11 comments:

  1. Hi! I found your blog through the January Currently linky party. I just started my own blog at the beginning of this school year and am on my 2nd year of teaching first grade. Blogging is definitely something that is hard to keep up with. I totally agree with you, I don't know how all these teachers with kids can do all this stuff!

    Hope you have a wonderful 2013! :)

    Pam
    Diary of a First Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for checking my blog out!! Have a great 2013!!

      Delete
  2. Cray-cray. Ha! I love reading blogs that are written how I talk. :) I'm glad I found your blog & I'm a new follower! Tip on keeping up with the posts: write a few at a time when you have a second to sit down and type then save them as drafts. Post them on a busy day...voila! Magic. ;) I also need to chillax and find some time for myself...but this is my 9th year and I'm afraid I'm only getting worse!!! So then again, you might not want my advice! :)

    I'm also hosting a linky party and I'd love for you to check it out. It's a little different than the standard link up...but totally worth it. ;)
    Little Miss Glamour Goes to Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only one who talks like that. Thanks for stopping by!! I la-la-love the idea of "mass" producing posts when I have some extra time. Whey didn't I think of that!? I'll definitely stop by and check out your linky! Thanks for joining :)

      Delete
  3. I'm in my third year of teaching first grade, too! But for some reason, I just can't seem to get it together this year. New school, new problems!

    Natalie
    Teachery Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, I hope it gets better!! I can definitely relate though, it's been an off year with LOTS of change. Hopefully a new year will be bring some simplicity! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Hey! I found your blog through Currently and I am your newest follower :)! Good luck with your old resolutions! I would also like to keep up with my blog better and scheduling posts has been going really well. You should definitely try that if you haven't already started. I have been teaching for 7 years and I don't know if it ever gets easier but I think we adjust more and more each year!

    Sent From My iPad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by!! I like the idea of scheduling my posts, I'm definitely a planner so if it's written down it's a must-do. Kristin from Little Miss Glamour Goes to Kindergarten suggested creating a few when you have some extra time and not publishing them until you're in a time crunch - so smart!

      Delete
  5. I'm a 3rd year teacher too! And I would agree with you... it does seem a lot easier this year (in some ways!). Glad I found your blog through the currently linky :)

    -Courtney
    http://2ndgradesnapshots.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You put it perfectly... "in some ways!" I don't think it will ever be easy, but just more systematic. Thanks for joining :)

      Delete
  6. Happy New Year! I just found your blog through Farley's Currently and I realized you were so sweet and commented on my December post! Thank you so much for stopping by and following my First Grade Critter Cafe! I am now your newest follower!
    Julie
    Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

    ReplyDelete