Talk about a crazy draining 2 weeks. Between visiting my closest cousin in ICU & spending time with family in town from CO, 28 wound-up littles and getting sick it's pretty safe to say that this girl is B-E-A-T. I couldn't be happier that tomorrow is Friday. Boy do I need a couple days of relaxation.
I wanted to stop by and share a few things our class did for MLK and give a few FREEBIES that I created. We were fortunate to have the day off on MLK Day so we spent a good chunk of time Tuesday and Wednesday of last week focusing on his great accomplishments and coming up with some dreams of our own.
We started by reading a couple fabulous MLK stories and watched a video of "Martin's Big Words" on YouTube.
If you know me, you know that I can't pass up a good writing craftivity. My kiddos just LOVE the word craftivity and can't get enough of them! We did a little TLC craft... click HERE to get the directions. They had a blast cutting our their own 'Martin's' and they couldn't have tuurned out any more adorable!!
So adorable... this weet boy wrote "My dream is to pray for people that die. I pray for the people that don't have a family." Made my heart melt!
We also completed this MLK Anchor Chart and they elaborateed on their own dreams on this "I Can Dream Like Dr. King" writing paper.
What did you do with your kiddos to celebrate Martin Luther King?

No comments:
Post a Comment