January 12, 2012

A Little New Year Fun


So it is definitely looking a LOT like Winter around here! I'm anxiously desperately awaiting a call informing me of a 2-hour delay... boy could I use a couple extra zzz's tomorrow. 28 little (yes... 28!) sure do wear a girl a out.

Here are a few things we did our first couple of days back to school...



We did this adorable New Year's Resolution writing that I got from
Cara Carrol's blog.





This little guy made a goal to be good at school! So darn cute! I wonder how long that will last?! **My classroom has been a zoo this week so maybe they'll start their resolutions next week??






We've been researching and learning all about penguins. During our day of Emperor penguins we created a life-size penguin and put him up on our door. The text bubble says "Emperor Penguins can stand up to 4 feet tall.... How do you measure up? The kiddos absolutely LOVE this. Whenever we leave/enter the room they're sizing themselves up against it!  



 Our calendar for the month is dedicated to many different penguins we'll learn about throughout January. 



And this is a cute little bulletin board I came up with for the month. Later on in the month we'll be doing some penguin craftivities and I'll post more about those when we get there!



We also did quite a few things from a FREE (yes, free!) New Years Unit from
Cara Carrol's blog. Thanks Cara!!

I purchased 2 TPT units on penguins from
Deanna Jump and Made For First Grade. I re-vamped my math tubs using various activities from these units and LOVE them! (pictures to come).



We're learning SNOW much about penguins!! What theme/unit are you using for January?


No comments:

Post a Comment